Tuesday, August 23, 2011

School, Show, Shocked

Well, maybe not shocked, but I wanted a clever title...Anchored down in Anchorage anyone?

Ok, well I have been crazy busy with the start of the school year which means lots of opening faculty meetings and lots of prep!  In addition I have been invited to exhibit in a really cool boutique/gallery called Red Square Boutique and Design Collective.  I have been preparing for that show which I install on Sunday.  The curator, Agent Peach, aka Kellie Peach, came by the laboratory the other day to pick the work she wanted for the show.

  
Kellie wanted alot of work, I think I get a big wall to myself!


Typically for installations I like to paint directly onto the wall around the pieces. For this install however I only have one day so I am going to skip the painting and instead pin up paper and found objects. I did some paper cutting which is so fun and relaxing.   I needed it after the hectic-ness I have been experiencing lately!



 



Gathering up found objects and collage-y bits to pin to the wall. 

The show is in San Mateo, and opens on Thursday the 1st at 6 oclock, so if you are in the area come check it out.
You can visit the website at: http://www.redsquareboutique.com
And for more info on the gallery, check out Agent Peach's website: http://www.agentpeach.com





No comments:

Post a Comment