Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Children: works in progress

With the new year comes lots of cleaning, organizing, goal setting, and contemplating the year that has just passed, and passed in the blink of an eye...

I am in the process of a total studio make-over, the before and after pictures will begin in next weeks post, so stay tuned.  In the mean time, I am going thru lots of work that has accumulated over the past year.  Last year for an exhibition I was in with 2 of my girlfriends, I was going to do an installation based on children.   I started making children out of all different materials and thought I was going to make one huge installation with them on a large wall.  I didn't do that, and I just stumbled upon some of the children I began making, that maybe, just maybe one day I will finish...



These boys heads are made on heavy matte board and are a bit larger than life size.


Little Miss Pouty is acrylic on canvas.  Ha ha, look at her ears, they are so not even!!


This silhouette  is cut from 1/4 masonite.  It's kinda larger than life size, like 20" across.


This creepy kid is made from a 1950's illustration.  I laminated him, and added the felt tears.



Playing again with silhouettes and negative space.


3 heads, pen on paper.

Kids have hilarious teeth!


This baby is small, around 9 inches high, and it's made from 1/4 plywood and collage.


So those are my kids in progress, I guess all of us are in progress, really.  I for one intend to keep on growing...just never growing up...

No comments:

Post a Comment