Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Imaginary Friends A-Z

Still waiting for my package, I hope it gets here by tomorrow, because with the holiday, it means it won't get here till Tuesday, and that is far too far...

In the meantime I am spending this beautiful day inside tethered to my laptop (thanks Grama!) working on my series of alphabet images featuring my line, My Imaginary Friends.  So far I have finished 6 of them, and not in alphabetical order.   Here is an example of one of the finished images, coincidentally, the letter A...

These are so fun to make because they combine hand drawing with Illustrator.  I make the initial line drawing of the Friend in a black pen, scan it into my computer, and then use Live Trace in Illustrator to get it clean and crisp.  If anyone is interested in how to use Live Trace, just hollar, it's so fantastic and easy.

The hardest part of making these is coming up with imagery or designs to go with the words. Here is one with a more literal approach:

At the moment I am working on Juggernaut and Flowerchild, and they are tugging at my shirtsleeves...

No comments:

Post a Comment